Sunday 30 March 2008

The Beach

Hua Hin is a much nicer place to holiday than Bangkok. Everything is cheaper and the people are friendlier. There are no go go bars here and lots of westerners, mainly Scandanavians. After watching the football and having a few drinks. I checked my emails and found my house sale had fallen through once again. My larger travel abitions will have to be put on hold once again. I decided to drink myself happy at a local bar called Beer House. Everywhere closes here at 2am - but I was happy to go back to my bed in any case.

My feet have improved greatly and the purchase of some new flip flops has helped too. You would not believe how hard it is to find shoes that fit me out here - or swimming trunks for that matter. I finally found a shop that sold goods intended for the western market at western prices.

Today I finally got to rest. I awoke early and made my way to the beach to read the latest ben elton novel. I was constantly approached by beach vendors who would just stand next to me showing me things until i told them to go away. I was getting irritated - but then realised I could use them to provide me with a little extra shade. My plan was ineffective though as I am a nice lobster colour now. The beach was not as nice as I had imagined although I am told that the best beaches are to be found on the islands and maybe down in Phuket. I had a swim in the particularly warm sea avoiding the jelly fish and found myself a small hermet crab to pester for a few minutes. The water here is not very clear and my camera is useless in such water. Im hoping to get some good photos whilst snorkelling next week. My most promising discovery was monkey mountain ... I could only see it from the distance but after asking around I was told that there is a temple full of monkeys up there. I intend to visit the place on tuesday.

I spent the later part of the day in the pool as David and Carol have turned up for Janets impending birthday party tomorrow and we all went to meet them . No exploring for me tomorrow. Just the pool a BBQ and lots of Singha beer. Perfect.

Unfortunatley several of todays photos have been lost after my xd card failed - I do however have a spare. Lets hope this one holds out on me. Im off to dinner now on the beach for some seafood based Thai cuisine.

No comments: